At one time twelve lighthouses existed on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. Today only two remain – The Biloxi Lighthouse and the Round Island Lighthouse in Pascagoula. This lighthouse was fabricated of cast iron and completed in 1848, electrified in 1926 and deeded to the city about 1968. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Technorati tags: [ Biloxi Lighthouse | lighthouse | postcard ]
Onlie map showing the Biloxi Lighthouse: