Livingstone is a historic colonial city and present capital of the Southern Province of Zambia, a tourism centre for Mosi-oa-Tunya (Victoria Falls) lying 10 km south on the Zambezi River, and a border town with road and rail connections to Zimbabwe on the other side of the Falls.
Livingstone’s main attractions are:
- Mosi-oa-Tunya (Victoria Falls) which is protected and served by the in the Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park on the city’s south-western edge.
- Wildlife safaris (game drives) in the wildlife section of the Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park.
- Birdwatching in the Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park.
- Batoka Gorges below the Falls in the Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park.
- Zambezi River above the Falls including river cruises, sports fishing, kayaking.
- Victoria Falls Field Museum featuring geology and archaeology around the Falls.
- Flights over the Falls including helicopter and microlight flights.
- Livingstone Museum is devoted to archaeology, ethnography and history and contains a magnificent collection of memorabilia relating to David Livingstone.
- Maramba Cultural Centre featuring traditional dancing, singing, costumes.
- Mukuni Village with its annual Lwiindi Ceremony in July.
- Victoria Falls Bridge
Online map of Livingstone, Zambia: