The Caetano de Campos building 2 is located on the Republic Square. It was once the headquarters of the Escola Normal, and today it houses the State Department of Education. On Sundays, it is very enjoyable to stroll through the â€œFair of the Republic,â€ where a great variety of handicrafts are on offer.
The oldest name on record for this square is Largo dos Curros, in reference to the bull-fights that once took place there. Later, in 1865, it began to be called Largo 7 de Abril and on November 19, 1889 it was renamed PraÃ§a da RepÃºblica, in honor of the recently founded Republic and its new form of government.
Satellite image of Caetano de Campos’ Building in the Republic Square, Sao Paulo, Brazil